Friday, January 7, 2011

Why now?

I've been a practitioner and advocate of technology-enabled learning for most of my professional life. I used to think of myself as one of the early adopters of new processes and technologies. However, I have been watching the evolution of Web 2.0/E-Learning 2.0 from the sidelines as a spectator.

As a consultant/teacher/trainer, I believe that one can only really understand new approaches and applications by immersing oneself and gaining direct experience.

The immediate impetus for beginning to blog arises from my imminent participation in two open online courses - Learning and Knowledge Analytics, LAK11, and Connectivism and Connected Knowledge, CCK11. I expect that these will both be valuable learning experiences.

I'm looking forward to meeting and interacting with those of you already in online communities.

1 comment:

Juanito Aprende said...

Dear Members of Musings on e-training
I found it very interesting article about eLearning, has very good information about the subject are very similar opinions to which you can find on mine, I invite you to read me, an share concepts and could help them grow in knowledge.
Arrive at your blog because it has the word eLearning.
We make it easy virtual training (www.cenek.com) and pedagogical principles discussed in our blog Juanito Aprende (juanitoaprende.blogspot.com), we invite you to visit us and give us your feedback.
Cenek
juanitoaprende@cenek.com

Post a Comment